Thursday, December 24, 2009

Overdue Book Calendar

I always enjoy reading Design*Sponge, a daily website dedicated to home and product design. It's run by Brooklyn-based writer, Grace Bonney. Launched in August of 2004, Design*Sponge features store and product reviews, DIY projects, before & after furniture and home makeovers, home tours, recipes, videos and podcasts, trend forecasting and gift reviews. The site is updated constantly throughout the day (with an average of 6-10 posts a day), and attracts a core group of devoted readers. I'm glad to be one of them.

So today I saw a post that is and fun and useful for mystery readers (or readers of any kind). For those of you who use the library, you've probably found that check-out procedures are much different from when you were a child. At my public library, for example, the librarian no longer stamps my book with the due date. I scan the book, and there's a stamp available for me to use to mark the due date. If you're a frequent visitor to the library, you'll probably have lots of books with different due dates. Lauren Hunt has created a very fun "Overdue Book Calendar." Definitely not a Black Berry reminder, but great for "paper people" who read real books and keep track on real paper. You can pick up Lauren’s design HERE on Etsy, as a re-printable pdf for $4.

No comments: